Need babysitting or home schooling for your children in the week of 20-24 December?
The government has decided to close primary schools for Christmas break a week earlier, during the week of 20-24 December. This means that children will be off school a week earlier or receive lessons online. It can be quite a challenge for Avans employees with children to combine care, and potentially home schooling, with Avans work. Avans University of Applied Sciences wants to help these employees by offering the support of a student for the care and/or home schooling of their children during this week, as it did in the first half of 2021. A temporary part-time job through an agency is being offered to students.
Who can use this service?
The support is available to all Avans lecturers and to non-lecturers who have to work on location and have children of primary school age. Non-lecturers need permission from a supervisor before applying.
- The costs are paid by Avans;
- This is non-qualified care and educational support;
- The number of half-day shifts is determined by you and is based on student availability for a maximum of 24 hours a week;
- You can request support on days and hours that you work for Avans;
- It is only meant for your own children: no additional children can join.
Is the above opportunity the right solution for you to continue your work in the coming week feeling more relaxed and less stressed? If so, register via this link. Uitzendbureau Driessen will contact you about the details of your application.
In order for this support to be safe, it is very important that both the Avans employee and the student comply with the coronavirus measures. This responsibility lies with both of you.